Your committee met this evening and I am pleased to confirm we will be re-opening the clubrooms for play this Friday. The decision to re-open this week has not been taken lightly. We recognise that some members may not want to play while we remain at Alert Level 2 and ask that their wishes are respected.
For Friday and Monday, our Alert Level 2 Protocols will be in place. This means that it is compulsory for everyone to wear a mask at all times while in the clubrooms and table numbers will be limited to 24 tables.
To ensure we manage table numbers, please go to our website or email the club to register your partnership. One person per partnership is to register please. We will only contact those who miss out, so no news is good news and you are good to come. Please DO NOT leave it to the last minute to register !
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WEEK?
The Government has announced that regions other than Auckland may move to Alert Level 1 at 11.59pm on Monday night. If this happens then our Alert Level 1 Protocols will apply for all sessions from Tuesday 19th September onwards. This means no limit to table numbers and masks will not be required, members can wear them should they wish.
Click here to review the revised programme. The Tauranga app has also been updated.
POSSIBLE TAURANGA TOURNAMENT
With the cancellation of the National Congress, NZ Bridge has invited regions to hold one-off tournaments in late September/early October. We have applied to run a local tournament and will let you know as soon as this is confirmed.
The last BBO pairs event will be on Wednesday 16th Sept at 7:30pm (18 boards).
We can easily start these tournaments again at short notice, if we have to.
We are pleased we are able to activate our plans for re-opening and look forward to seeing you at a bridge session very soon.
If you have any questions please contact me, Karen or Norm.
Mobile: 027 428 9972
Posted: Thursday 17 September 2020